10 Apr PhysioFITT Bits – Episode #4
We are thrilled to announce that, beginning April 1, 2021, Amanda MacNally will be offering in-home physiotherapy appointments in the Trail, Rossland, Montrose, Fruitvale, Warfield, Beaver Valley, and Oasis. We are excited to be expanding to the West Kootenays and look forward to serving the people in this beautiful part of the province. Check out Amanda’s experience, training and background. To book an appointment with Amanda, click here (starting April 1st).
PhysioFITT Launches the PEAK Arthritis Management Program!
The PEAK program provides evidence-based management of knee arthritis via a tele-health platform. It delivers education and strengthening exercises designed to help empower clients to manage the symptoms of knee arthritis. The physiotherapist and client work together to create a sustainable physical activity plan across 5 one-to-one consultations.
What does it entail?
- 5 one-to-one sessions over a 3 month period delivered online via Zoom
- Education about knee arthritis
- Exercise program to improve lower extremity strengthening
- Access to exercise videos, education booklet, and exercise program booklet
Who would this benefit?
- People over the age of 45
- Pain in your knee with daily activity and morning stiffness lasting less than 30 minutes
- Difficulty with stairs or prolonged walking
- Access to an internet connection
What is the cost of the program?
- Free initial 10 minute consult to determine if the program is right for you
- Initial assessment of $95 (60 minutes)
- Follow up appointments x 4 at $60 (30 minutes)
- Total cost: $335 (can be billed to extended health benefits)
Contact Beth Ballard at (778) 802-6519 to book an appointment or learn more.
PhysioFITT Recommended Patient Resources:
1. The Pain Revolution – Leading pain scientist Professor Lorimer Moseley explains the science behind ‘Explain Pain’ and offers good news for chronic pain sufferers. With fascinating examples and the latest research, Lorimer explains how science is showing there are alternatives to drugs for people suffering with persistent pain.
2. 10 Facts About Back Pain – Let us know which fact is your favourite!
3. Pain BC has a menu of amazing resources designed to help people living with persistent pain. We encourage you to check out their services or share this information with someone you know.
And, with that, let’s stay #FITTforLife!